When it comes to finding Epoxy Coating Contractors, it can seem like a daunting task in itself. Add to that, the fact that you probably know very little about the service you’re hiring them for. How do you know whom to trust? What questions do you need to ask?
1. Research Flooring.
Before you even begin the search for an epoxy floor coating company, investigate the project you are starting. Learn the differences in types of epoxy and which will best suit your floor. Browse through the different design elements available.
Some things to consider: How much traffic will your flooring need to endure? Do you want a solid color? Is an anti-slip additive necessary? Do you live in a climate that will impact the epoxy floor covering?
Once you’ve done some initial research, you can narrow down your search by eliminating contractors that don’t meet your criteria. If you aren’t sure about what exactly you need, reach out to an established reputable contractor in your area and ask what they would recommend. Most flooring companies will be happy to help guide you.
2. Research Company. By this point you probably have a good idea on the type of epoxy flooring you will need and the look you’re going for. You may have spoken to epoxy flooring contractors or looked at their website. Now it’s time to dig a little deeper. Check the online reputation of the contractors you are considering hiring. Are the reviews positive – and if not, are they at least fair? Does the company seem responsive to complaints or concerns? Do they have a good standing with the Better Business Bureau or state consumer protection agency? If they pass this initial test, call and ask for references. Ask references about the service they received, the quality of the product and if they would use this contractor again.
If a contractor is reluctant to provide professional references, move on as this likely means they don’t have many satisfied customers.
3. Review Licensing. For your protection, do not hire a contractor that is not licensed and insured. To check this, ask the contractor for their license number which you can then verify with the state you live in. Ask the contractor also to provide documentation of their up-to-date insurance policy.
Note: Insurance covers damage to property. Bonding covers financial risk such as labor and materials.
4. Ask Questions. Once you’ve established the company is reputable, licensed, bonded and insured, and is experienced in the type of epoxy flooring you’ll be using, ask the following questions:
• Does their flooring include an epoxy primer?
• Can the contractor give you an on-site quote in writing?
• What brand of materials will they be using
• Do they conduct moisture testing?
• What is the floor preparation method?
• Does the contractor offer a warranty?
Creative Maintenance Solutions is an Epoxy Coating Contractor and has been serving the Southeastern Wisconsin area with top quality flooring solutions since 1989.
You can see some of Creative Maintenance Solutions work below.